Wellybix are a UK company based in Teeside. The company, who is run by Alison, and of course chief taste tester Welly the Jack Russell. They sell a range of handmade dog biscuits, their Bake A Bone boxes as well as a range of accessories all dogs need. All of her biscuits are homemade, and some of the ingredients even come from her own garden. All the ingredients contain no artificial colours, preservatives or flavour enhancers and have been approved by a veterinary laboratory.
To tie in with the Bake Off, we really wanted to try out their Bake A Bone range. I always find it really fun baking for Lottie, as I'm not a keen baker having all the dry ingredients needed, really made things easier.
We received their Bake A Bone box, in the Cranberry with Oat and Thyme variety. They also two other varieties which you can check out here.
In each box you receive two bags of the dry ingredients and a bone shaped cutter, along with full instructions.
The instructions are as follows -
- Take 1 pack of dry ingredients and stir in 2 whisked eggs - add a little water if needed
- Mix together to form a dough and roll out onto a floured surface to around 5mm thickness
- Cut out with cutter provided and place on a lined baking tray
- Bake in the oven at (160c/140c fan) or gas mark 3 for around 20 minutes, turn carefully over and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool before storing in an airtight container.
Lottie defintely gives them a 5 paw rating in her taste test. She just kept begging for more! Ive made her biscuits in the past and she just wouldn't touch them, so clearly these must be very tasty.
Wellybix are also on social media so be sure to check them out below:
Wellybix Facebook Page
Wellybix Twitter Page
Love Jessica and Lottie xx
We received a Bake A Bone from Wellybix at no charge in exchange for our honest and fair review of their product. All opinions expressed here are our own and truthful!